Why Conduct A Building Envelope Infrared Thermographic Inspection?
An infrared building envelope inspection is a non-destructive inspection procedure that consists of scanning all accessible faces at your facility to locate areas of concern. Upon completion of the inspection, 4-Way Inspection services can locate, prioritize and document heat loss problems caused by cold air infiltrations and moisture buildup. This inspection can also pinpoint missing, damaged or wet insulation, vapour barrier breaches, broken/frozen pipes, ice dams, mold infestation and much more.
The exterior of a building is also called the “envelope”. The insulation, outer walls, ceiling, doors, windows, and floors all work together to control airflow in and out of the structure, repel moisture, and prevent heat from being lost or gained inside your facility.
In most buildings, the envelope is relied upon to absorb the energy difference between inside and out. This puts a lot of stress on the barrier materials within the envelope assembly to provide a variety of ways to respond to the changing external environment.
An envelope assembly is designed to a minimum tolerance and a failure in any one of the components within the assembly will significantly reduce the overall performance.
What is critically important is that to be successful, any envelope solution must integrate the performance of its different components to achieve the desired result.
The overall goal is to reduce energy and repair costs, evaluate construction quality and building performance, enhance occupant comfort, health, and productivity, and improve the marketability of the properties.
How Can I View The Results From The Inspection?
All inspections are followed with a comprehensive report including but not limited to:
- A detailed equipment list of all areas inspected
- A detailed report of all problem areas
- Both an infrared image as well as a conventional digital image of the problem area identified
- All reports will be compiled in a professional report and delivered via email to stay green and help save the environment. For those clients that wish to have a hard copy delivered, one copy of the report will be included complimentary in the cost of the inspection.
- Next day report delivery guaranteed to all our clients via email if requested